Karwa Chauth, a day of celebrating love, is a very popular festival among Indians. Mostly popular in Northern India, Karwa Chauth observes a fast generally kept by married women from sunrise to moonrise. A small puja is offered to Gauri Maa or Goddess Parvati to pray for the health and long life of their husbands. However, nowadays, with the advancement of society, men too can keep this fast for their wives as reciprocation of their love.
According to Hindu mythology, the festival is celebrated on the fourth day of the month of KartikWhat Makes Karwa Chauth Special For Saas And Bahu?
What makes this festival most exciting is the pomp and show it brings with itself to make it a gala event for the mother in law and daughter in laws. Although the festival itself is celebrated for a day, preparations are begun many days prior to the festival, including buying ‘’shrinagar’’ (cosmetics), traditional jewellery, etc. The aroma of henna and the tinkling of ‘’Payal’’ (anklets) sets the mood for the upcoming rituals.
The traditional Puja thali items include Karva lamps, a pot filled with water, a diya (earthen lamp), camphor, rice, sandalwood powder, a sieve to see through the moon, a transparent cloth covering the thali and food items like sweets and dry fruit.
Traditionally, two types of gifts are exchanged for the festival of Karwa Chauth- the sargi, which is given to the daughter-in-law by the mother-in-law, mostly consisting of food items, dry fruits, bangles and sindoor and Baya, which is presented to the mother-in-law by her daughter-in-law.
Ideal Gifts for Karwa Chauth to Present to Your Mother-in-law:
• Flowers: A beautiful bouquet of flowers can light up anyone’s face. This combined with combo packs of sweets, fruits or dry fruits can add up to being a wonderful baya.
• Fresh Plant Arrangements: Why stop at merely flowers or bouquets? Gift them beautiful fresh plants placed on their favourite designed pots and vases. Spread bloom and freshness in their rooms and verandahs.
• Modular Spice Shaker: What better way to make your way into your new home than by adding your mother-in-law’s favourite items to the kitchen? Present them with a complete and amazing set of spice shakers and containers to make for an amazing baya!
• You can also opt for multi keepers or other kitchen utensils suitable for daily usage.
• Pillow Set: Comfortable bed sheet and pillow set always work. What’s more, personalize them with a favourite photograph with your heartfelt message attached and make for a unique and personal gift.
• Special Karwa Chauth Thali: Prepare a select and exclusive thaali constituting of dry fruits, mixed fruits, sweets, and other such food items along with traditional puja items like sindoor cases, Mehndi cones, Karwa Chauth Katha Books, etc. Add a unique touch to this hamper by gifting chocolates and sending out personalized cards to express your heartfelt emotions.
• Cosmetic and Spa Hampers: Plan a perfect day to establish your mother-daughter relationship with your mother-in-law by getting spa reservations for both at your favouriteparlour! Present her with her favourite cosmetics on your way back and consider her day made.
If you’re wondering where to organize your gifts from, we at Giftalove have taken care of your every need. We provide you the best as per your taste. Choose from a variety of Karwa Chauth gifts ( http://karwachauth.giftalove.com )and hampers for your wife or mother-in-law. We cater to your every demand with on-time delivery and quality products. Choose us for a satisfying closure to your favourite festival.
Visit at: www.giftalove.com
Visit at: www.giftalove.com